Headaches and Migraines
From the casual, every so often headache to the chronic debilitating migraine, genuine relief can be attained through orthopedic manual therapy.
What is orthopedic manual therapy?
Advanced form of massage therapy that focuses on soft tissue and joint mobilization coupled with corrective exercises to solidify results
- Soft tissue massage with intent on restoring healthy muscular resting length
- Non-traditional neuromuscular therapy focused on alleviating chronic spasms (trigger points) found in muscles
- Low velocity joint manipulations and stretches to increase range of motion
- Rapid scar tissue realignment via soft tissue massage and corrective exercising
- Postural reeducation and increased functional ability achieved through a combination of modalities and postural strengthening
How can orthopedic manual therapy help resolve headaches and migraines?
Headaches and migraines may be fully alleviated through the release of involved muscular spasms.
- Though there are many different origins (triggers) of headaches and migraines, I have found that the vast majority of headaches and migraines can be alleviated by releasing the muscle spasm causing the referral pain
- Upon release, the pain, and many other associated symptoms (such as dizziness, nausea, ringing in ears, et.), usually completely subside. This relief can last for extended periods of time, but with the addition of corrective exercises the symptoms may in fact resolve indefinitely.
- If the pain does return, continued therapy can reduce headache and migraine frequency, duration, and intensity. Usually, significant results are experienced even with a single treatment session.
Book your appointment today:
Southcoast Health Physical Therapy: Booking website
On site services (house, office, event, etc): use the box below, or contact me personally at Lmt.firstname.lastname@example.org